* Spot gold was down 0.1% at $1,903.16 per ounce, as of 0037 GMT. U.S. gold futures have been up 0.1% at $1,905.80.
* The greenback held regular after climbing to its highest since March 2020 on Tuesday as issues about slowing development in China and expectations the Federal Reserve will aggressively hike charges boosted demand for the greenback.
* A stronger greenback makes greenback-priced gold much less enticing for different currency holders.
* Gold costs had discovered some help within the earlier session as buyers sought cowl from fears of stalling world financial development and hovering inflation.
* Bullion is seen as a secure retailer of worth throughout financial and political crises.
* Russia will on Wednesday cease supplying gasoline to Poland and Bulgaria, the 2 NATO and EU members stated, an escalation within the deepening rift between the West and Moscow over Ukraine as tensions additionally surged in neighbouring Moldova.
* U.S. shares tumbled on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq posting its steepest one-day rout since September 2020, whereas European shares prolonged losses for a 3rd session as buyers warily awaited U.S. tech earnings and fretted over world slowdown.
* Spot silver gained 0.3% to $23.56 per ounce, platinum rose 0.2% to $922.89, and palladium firmed 0.1% to $2,188.44.
DATA/EVENTS (GMT) 0130 Australia CPI QQ, YY Q1 0130 Australia RBA Weightd Medn CPI QQ, YY Q1 0130 Australia RBA Trimmed Imply CPI QQ, YY Q1