Over half of Hindu voters again BJP, Muslim electors favour SP in UP: Put up-poll survey

0
43


The BJP acquired the assist of the over half of the Hindu voters whereas the Samajwadi Get together was backed by over two-third of Muslim electors within the just-concluded Uttar Pradesh Meeting polls, a post-poll survey has revealed.

Based on the findings of the CSDS-Lokniti survey, the BJP noticed a marginal enhance in its assist among the many Muslim voters as in comparison with the 2017 Meeting elections.

The research additionally factors to the truth that the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Get together acquired assist of 26 per cent of Hindu voters, up from 18 per cent within the final Meeting elections.

Yadav had visited many temples in course of his whirlwind marketing campaign with an goal to dent the BJP’s vote base among the many Hindus.

Sanjay Kumar, professor and co-director of Lokniti, a Analysis programme on the Centre for the Research of Creating Societies (CSDS), informed PTI that the findings of the survey had been based mostly on a complete pattern, an essential issue for any survey to be correct.

Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had set the tone for a polarised elections, saying 80 per cent of the inhabitants supported the BJP whereas the remaining 20 per cent like prior to now proceed to have aversion to it.

His assertion was seen within the political circles as a reference to the ratio of Hindus and Muslims within the state’s inhabitants.

The CSDS-Lokniti survey says the BJP was favoured by 54 per cent of the Hindu voters as in comparison with 47 per cent in 2017.

The BSP was supported by 14 per cent Hindu voters. The Congress was supported by 2 per cent Hindu voters.

The BJP and its alliance companions bagged 273 of the 403 Meeting seats within the elections, the outcomes of which had been declared on March 10. The SP-led alliance acquired 125 seats whereas the Congress acquired solely two seats, down from seven final time.

The BSP acquired just one seats, its worst-ever efficiency.

The post-poll survey revealed that 79 per cent of Muslim voters selected the SP, up from 46 per cent within the 2017 state elections.

Although there isn’t a Muslim candidate among the many 273 winners of the BJP-led coalition, eight per cent of Muslim voters supported it, a rise of three proportion factors than the 2017 polls.

The BJP had not fielded a single Muslim candidate whereas one candidate from the group was given by its alliance companion Apna Dal (Sonelal), who had fielded a group member in opposition to Azam Khan’s son Abdullah Azam in Suar of Rampur.

Apna Dal candidate Haider Ali Khan misplaced to Azam’s son.

The election outcomes got here as a nightmare for the BSP, which was supported by solely six per cent of the Muslim voters, down from 19 per cent final time.

The Congress too noticed a serious decline in assist among the many group as solely three per cent Muslims supported it as in opposition to 19 per cent final time.

Mayawati had the day prior to this blamed the “casteist media” for spreading rumours that the BSP was the B-team of the BJP.

The BSP had fielded 87 Muslim candidates adopted by 75 by the Congress and 64 by the SP.

Thirty-four Muslim candidates received the elections, 9 greater than the final time.

Of the winner, 31 belonged to the Samajwadi Get together.

  • All
  • UP
  • Punjab
  • Uttarakhand
  • Goa
  • Manipur
  • /elehwidget.cms?msid=68111598&lazy=present&format=bot

Three others belonged to the SP’s alliance partners–Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) and Om Prakash Rajbhar’s Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj Get together (SBSP).



Source link

HostGator Web Hosting

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here